Selwyn Art Show 2023 Terms and Conditions
CONDITIONS OF ENTRY
1. Delivery: All exhibits to be delivered to the Rolleston Community Centre on Friday 26th May between 2pm and 5.30pm. Artists must remove all artwork packaging from the venue after they have set up.
2. Hanging & Set Up: Artists will be directed to their location in the exhibition. Hanging and display of artworks is the responsibility of the artist. Some hanging equipment such as nails and picture hooks will be available. Artists will be required to complete a form listing all artwork names and pricing for the sales desk.
3. Collection: 4pm Sunday 28th May Artist Awards Presentation followed by collection of all unsold exhibits between 4pm & 4.30pm (Unsold artworks can not be removed by artists prior to 4pm). Panels must be left clean with no hanging materials still attached. All artwork must be checked out at the reception desk prior to leaving.
4. Care & Responsibility: Whilst all care is taken during the exhibition, Arts Heart will not be responsible for any damage to exhibits, or for any exhibits not collected by the closing date and time.
5. Original Artwork: Artwork must be the original work of the Exhibitor. All work must be for sale and able to be taken away immediately by a purchaser. No orders can be solicited for artwork not present at the exhibition. No marketing of other work that is not part of the exhibition. Prints and photographs must be numbered, or if they are an open edition this must be clearly stated on all labelling. Reproductions/Giclee prints must be clearly labelled “giclee print” or “digital print”.
6. Framing: All paintings, prints, artworks, etc for panels must be suitably framed so that they can be hung securely, complete with cord.
7. Size of Artworks: For panel display, artworks may not extend beyond the edges of the artist's booked panels. For easel display, artwork must be suitable for the size of the easel used so that artwork is secure and does not present a hazard. For table display, artworks must fit within the space of the table top and not be placed so close to the edge that they might present a hazard. No greeting cards, calendars or other commercial products are to be sold.
8. Labeling: All artworks need TWO duplicate labels that state the title, medium, name of the exhibitor and selling price. The first label is attached next to the artwork (panel or easel), or placed immediately beside an item (table). The second label must be securely attached to the back or underside of the item. There will be no catalogue. Labels must be easily read by visitors.
9. Artist Information/Marketing Materials: Artists may like to provide a biography or artist statement about themselves and their work for visitors. These can be up to A4 in size. One business card holder may also be mounted on a panel or easel, or on a table (if a table is selected by the artist). Arts Heart will provide an artist name label to go at the top of each panel and on tables. This must not be removed as it will be used for award voting by the public.
10. Freight and/or Transport: Freight/Transport to and from the exhibition is the responsibility of the exhibitor. Please ensure that all works are protected for handling.
11. Insurance: It is the responsibility of the exhibitor to undertake all insurance.
12. Right of Refusal: The Arts Heart – Selwyn Central Arts Council reserves the right to refuse submissions for the exhibition.
13. Commission: 15% of the sale price will be retained by Arts Heart – Selwyn Central Arts Council.
14. Sales: Purchasers will be able to remove the artwork at the time of purchase. If one of your artworks sells during the exhibition, you are welcome to replace it with another artwork. You will be contacted (on the phone number you supply on this entry form) when a work is sold (for sales up until 1pm on Sunday). You are welcome to be present during the exhibition to meet attendees and talk about your art.
15. Awards: Each year we have a “People’s Choice Award” selected by visitors to the exhibition. The winner of this will be announced at the close of the exhibition. We also have a "Youth Artist Award" this year for artists 20 years of age and under at the time of the exhibition. This will also be selected by visitor vote.
16. Use of Images: By completing this registration form, you authorise that photographs of your exhibit(s) may be shared in our social media and/or in our publicity material . Please advise us in writing if you do not want your entries to be photographed.
17. Arts Heart Membership: By entering this exhibition you automatically become a financial member of Arts Heart – Selwyn Central Arts Council for the current membership year
18. Refunds, Cancellations & Postponement Terms: Entry fee is non-refundable, any exceptions made to this are at the discretion of the Selwyn Central Arts Council committee. If the Exhibition is cancelled for any reason, entry fees will be refunded. If the exhibition is postponed for any reason, exhibitors will be given the option to withdraw their entry and receive a refund.
19. Artists residing in Selwyn: For the first two weeks of entry priority will be given to artists residing in the Selwyn District. If entries exceed any of the types of display space in this time period, priority will go to artists residing in the Selwyn District, thereafter entries will be taken in order of receipt.
20. Entry Form Completion: Entries must be completed online at https://www.artsheart.nz/annual-exhibition
All entry forms AND entry fees must be received no later than SUNDAY 7th MAY 2023 at 5pm.
By submitting an entry form you are agreeing to abide by the conditions of entry as recorded above.